C# Masterclass Updated for C# 5

It's already been a year since I first started teaching C# Masterclass. In that time, I have taught it more times than any other course. This makes me happy, because it's a great deal of fun to teach. I deliberately put a very wide range of topics into the course, because I believe that being a great developer demands a great range of knowledge.

As well as doing a lot of the Obvious Things - like talking through good use of OOP, generics and lambdas - I sneaked in lots of those topics that are rarely talked about, like Unicode and the hidden gotchas of .Net strings, how CPU caches determine parallel performance, and the System.Threading.Interlocked class With the arrival of C# 5, I decided it was time for an update.

Because a C# master should knows how to put the latest new keywords - async and await - to good use, right? So, from now on, there will be a section on asynchronous programming: what it is, why it's interesting, what can makes it annoying and fiddly to do, and how the new features in C# 5 help us to cope with it. By the end, you'll know how to write an infinite loop on a program's UI thread, while staying responsive! And if that ain't a great C# party trick, I don't know what is. Thanks to everybody who has come along over the last year - it's been a lot of fun. I look forward to another year of teaching the C# Masterclass, now with C# 5 coverage. Want to come along? Check out the course description, then be sure to give us a callback! :-)

/Jonathan Worthington
http://www.jnthn.net/

Skicka en kommentar

Trevligt att du vill dela med dig av dina åsikter! Tänk på att hålla på "Netiketten" och använda vårdat språk.